Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thing 6

I like the idea of mashups, but they are still a little confusing for me. I think that they would work great during a study of specific literary genre, for example a unit on Shakespeare. We could use the mappr to illustrate the story while still giving the students an idea of where the events occured geographically. I absolutely LOVE the trading cards. Book reports just got alot less boring; character studies, reading responses, the possibilities are endless! I have uploaded my trading card below. It needs some work. (my picture was too large). I am learning and having fun in the process!




3 comments:

  1. If you check out what some of the other players wrote about mashups in their Thing #6 posts, hopefully your confusion will lessen. also if you have specific question, pose them here and as others come to your blog to read, they will help where they can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masshups were a bit confusing to me also. I guess they are mashuups b/c you are putting together two websites. I may sound silly saying that, but I too was a bit confused. I love your idea with your trading card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trading cards are the best! I even did them with very young students (1st graders) and they completely got it. The possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete