Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing 23!!! (YEA!)

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I loved making photostories and I loved making my own avatar! It was fun to change the avatar to match my mood, and I loved photostory so much that I made one to send to my sisters in Kentucky!

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
The program has made it easier for me to see myself continuing to learn, especially because I was able to do it all online. I have 3 small children at home, so not having to find a babysitter and go sit in a class to continue my learning is very important to me. It has also taught me that I do have the discipline to learn online, and given me the confidence to begin working on an online degree.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Not really. I guess the most unexpected outcome for me would be the 'things' that gave me difficulty because I have always considered myself pretty computer savvy. I realized that there is still a lot that I can learn.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Some of the explanations for the different 'things' were not very easy to understand the 1st time that I read them. I found myself rereading several times to gain a good understanding. Otherwise, I thought the program was excellent.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
I would definitely complete another program. I saw part 2, but I am going to have to wait before I can complete it. I have a 1 week old child, so my time is pretty sparse.

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
In one word, I would say enlightening. In one sentence, I would say This is the most valuable training that I participated in thus far.


I have commented on several different blogs and found some that I begun to follow! This has been a truly great experience!! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You finished all 23 things! Hooray! I'm glad you've taken away some new things and will be using them in your classroom next year. Please share with us so we can learn from you, too!
    Hug those boys!

    ReplyDelete